Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i thought i would introduced my self. I have been looking at the forum for a while and found a lot of useful information. I am living in Montreal but on tour in the US at the moment with my Subbie.
I have a Forester 2006 X premium, i am just starting to do some mods.
K and N Typhoon Air intake
Primitive racing Skid plates front and differential.

I am looking for Bull bars but it is pretty hard to find in US. Subaxtreme and ECB in Australia do not reply to my e-mails.

Lift kit is the same thing, i am looking for a 2" lift kit like the Scorpion, but again they do not manufacture them anymore.

Please let me know if you have any advises.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy this truly great forum.

While you are checking out the Primitive skid plates, have a look at the King Springs that they now distribute, I believe they will give your Forester a lift by themselves. Then you could check out Subtle Solutions, they are a registered vendor here on the forum. They have a 1" lift kit available that has been installed by more than a few members. There are some hardore offroaders here that have even done without a lift (Smash).

Wheel alignment will be absolutely necessary and I believe you can purchase bolts for adjusting the rear (somebody chime in).

I think shipping something as large as the bull bars offered by the Ausssies would be very costly just for the shipping so they probably don't respond to overseas inquiries.

Good luck with your mods and post a pick when you have the work done.

Enjoy

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the Subtle lift kit, anybody have any information about the install process?
I am still debating Lift kit, New suspension kit or King springs?
I don't do any hardcore off-road just looking for more ground clearance of about 2".

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
The Subtle kit seems pretty straight forward, take of strut assemblies including top hats on fronts, reassemble assemblies with spacers attached with provided bolts and reinstall.

Check out CraigB's page. He has the Jackson Rally kit (same as Subtles) and pictures before and after, you might find as he and others have, that 1" is enough. I had to bump his thread into Active Topics from the Members Journals since my link to his page was not working. :confused: Maybe you can ask him how he likes it.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! i think i will actually combine the King springs of Primitive racing and the Subtle Solution 1" kit.

The Subtle kit seems pretty straight forward, take of strut assemblies including top hats on fronts, reassemble assemblies with spacers attached with provided bolts and reinstall.

Check out CraigB's page. He has the Jackson Rally kit (same as Subtles) and pictures before and after, you might find as he and others have, that 1" is enough. I had to bump his thread into Active Topics from the Members Journals since my link to his page was not working. :confused: Maybe you can ask him how he likes it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts