Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic Dx 5 speed
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my name is Nate. I currently don' t have a forester yet, but am doing everything humanly possible to get one, Selling truck and fixing my honda to sell. I love this forum and all the cool things that all of you guys have done to your cars. I recently saw a pic of a slammed forester and fell in love. Which lead me to here. Ok so now the questions. I want to buy a forester. I want a 2.5 XT. I didn't realize with a little time, oem sti parts and very little money they can be as quick as a factory sti. Which years are the best for switching over wrx or sti parts. I've done some net surfing and found that the 04's seem to be the best for swapping out wrx wagon springs and sti oem turbo and fuel system parts. I just wanted to pick your guys brains and see what you guys thought. thanks alot!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
Best of luck getting that Forester. As far as parts swapping from WRX's... anything from 02-07 will work in some way or another, depending what you're looking for. 04 STi's are pretty much a guaranteed fit, but after that they changed too much on the STi for things to really be perfect for swapping (hubs, front subframes, etc).

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so look for 04' sti and wrx donor parts. Now what is the best year 2.5xt to look into purchasing. Are some years better for swapped parts fitting? I found this setup on moddified mag. about having an 20004 2.5 xt so that the parts match up. Or do other years foresters work just as well. You guys probably have all seen this already. I can't post the link yet so its at modified.com and you have to search for "Building Your Own Subaru Forester STI"

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Bienvenido from the Mission.

Have fun modding your new foz into a rocket foz! :biggrin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, looks like I need to find an 04' or 05' 2.5 xt. cool. I keep searching and reading on the forum to find more info and pics to figure what i want to do. but first i gotta sell my truck. hopefully soon!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,522 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now what kind of sti wrx parts swap to that year, cause i found an 06 with low miles, but unsure parts compatability.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts