Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I leased my 2010 XT Limited at the end of March and I love it. I've put so many miles on (over 1500) and that includes being out of the country for 2 weeks and having a 10 mile roundtrip commute!

I cannot believe how it handles, it rides on rails. It's fast, fun and safe.

The dealership has been great.

My wife drives a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (love it as well-max speed I hit was 101-had more room to go).

My prior rides:
2008 Saturn Vue XR (leased--bought back by GM under Lemon Law after 17,000 miles, 24 months-with a failed engine at 14,400 miles, at 21 months--max speed 96 MPH-limited).

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT (loved that truck! Max speed 98MPH limited)

2003 Acura TL Type-S (loved that car-wish I had bought it instead of leasing; max speed 131 MPH)

2000 VW New Beetle Turbo (almost went back on Lemon Law--love-hate relationship-max speed 122 MPH but limiter was supposed to kick in at 118MPH)

1995 Acura Integra (great car-saved my life once--wicked fast-max 131 MPH)

1992 Honda Accord LX Coupe (no idea what top speed was)

1982 Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan (max speed 95 MPH by the time I inherited it)

Love my wife, my son, traveling, photography...

Buying my mid-life crisis Porsche 928 shortly...

Michael

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
Welcome. Great minds think alike, as my dream car is a Porsche 911. I'll have to wait a few years until the Fozzy is paid off. Enjoy that new Forester.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
looks like you've had an interesting automotive history so far... best of luck with the Forester and the upcoming Porsche.

Wait until you go adventuring to find the top speed of both of those!
I've yet to find the top speed of my Forester... nowhere safe or legal to try past 120mph yet and the same goes for my Nissan... which I don't know how fast it is since the speedometer only reads to 190km/h and the needle goes quite freely beyond that mark.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Bienvenido from the Mission.

Congrats on your new coche! :cool:

·
Registered
2010 Forester2.5XT Premiu
3 Posts
Just leased my 2.5XT Premium out of Port Motors (Roslyn). Was treated like gold. Very welcome treatment after fighting w/ Nissan about my Murano that's coming off-lease.

Heading camping next week and looking forward to the 2.5 hr drive and maybe some off-roading.

So - a big HELLO! to my fellow LIer. Where do you hail from Michael?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Just leased my 2.5XT Premium out of Port Motors (Roslyn). Was treated like gold. Very welcome treatment after fighting w/ Nissan about my Murano that's coming off-lease.

Heading camping next week and looking forward to the 2.5 hr drive and maybe some off-roading.

Welcome to the forum to you too!

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Now, Plainview. We lived in Great Neck before and Port was great when we were looking a few years back at the Mercury Mountaineer (needed a bigger SUV when we were making the move from GN to PV).

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Welcome from NYC. I was driving a Honda Hybrid for a couple of months. I saw over 120 on the speedo. I also liked that car a lot.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
welcome to the forum and it looks like you seem to want to go REALLY fast. I will add that up around those speeds there's no room for error (especially in the pothole capital of the US, I mean tri-state area). I will say I've hit about 145mph twice (once legally in Germany and once not so legally) and there's no room for error and you get a very limited view of what's coming up especially since it comes up very quickly. I'd suggest enjoying your XT for a while before you go tearing it down the highway and hurting someone/yourself. That being said I've done plenty of stupid things and if you're going to do the same I wouldn't stick with the stock tires for too long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts