Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT 2.0
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hi guys, what a stunningly good resource this place is!!

Had my 2003 2.0XT auto a month now so just getting into it...its done 117k miles, picked it up cheapish and after new tyres and tracking, a wheel bearing, full service and the obligatory belt change in the absence of accurate service data, I'm liking it a lot!!! After being stuck in muddy fields too many times recently, I really wanted a 4 x 4....looked at Legacy's, but not enough around at the sort of price I wanted to pay. Also looked at Volvo's, the last car being a V70...but the few I came across just weren't right.
So far the Forester is ticking all the boxes.....good load space, comfortable, lots of toys ( dvd player (!), leather, reverse parking sensors, bizarre "compass" rearview mirror), not too big for our country lanes, and tremendous fun!!...its not as well put together as the Volvo, but it drives so much better.....just effortless when cruising and extremely brisk when required.... after a few years of "enclosed" driving, I love the moon roof....have hardly used the climate - much prefer the almost cabriolet feel of the roof open and windows down!!......so there we go....another happy owner!!!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,946 Posts
Welcome from (New) London in (New) Hampshire in (New) England! We're glad to have you here.

I hope the timing belt (cam belt) was included in what you had done. It's the one thing that can kill a Forester on the spot. Spec for some unknown reason is 60k miles in the UK but 105k miles in North America. Either way, it is a very wise investment.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT 2.0
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..piccie!!

IMG_0102.jpg

cheers guys...only thing I'm needing now is a decent radio/CD player and a replacement cap for the windscreen wash reservoir!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts