Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hail from a family of Subi owners here in the Pacific NW. My father started it all. He has been driving Subaru's since his first new 1976 Subi station wagon. He runs one of the larger newspaper routes in the region, puts a couple hundred miles on his car every day.

So naturally, my mom needed to covert. He got his beloved wife a 1979 GL in the mid 80's. It was the first car to sport the new paint "Electric Yellow" (was Subi gold). The painter (whom developed the paint in his garage in Puyallup / Parkland area) went onto make a sizable amount of cash with his blinding auto paints.

At any rate, my first Subi was a 90' Legacy that saw every 4X4'ing trail in the Kitsap Peninsula (Puget Sound Lowlands area). Trannys are weak in that model so I blew through three of them, front and rear differentials and eventually dropped a crate engine in when my head gasket blew at 220K kiles. The original water pump never blew :banana: But I replaced just about every door & panel on that thing once or twice.

Now I have a 99' Forester L. Initially I didn't care too much for the mat finish but it makes washing a breeze. I've been better to this ol' gal compared to my 90 Legacy; sure I've taken her for a few mud baths but I've learned my lessons on my 90' Legacy, if yu wanna play dirty, its gonna cost yu... Actually my last mud bath cost me two front struts. :icon_frown:

Anyway, after a few years of owning the forester, I've grown tired of its drab looks, time for some modding. I look forward to sharing my experiences with my old forester with all of you.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Hey. I admire loyalty (reference your loyalty to your Legacy! :lol: ).

Welcome to the forum! And modding is addicting.....you've been warned! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum form Oregon! :biggrin:

From your post count, you've been around here awhile. Before you get to far into your MODding, you might want to start your own Member Journal. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts