Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my name is Joerg, age 42, german, and I´m driving an Impreza WRX STI MY06.

Just want to say hello, and surf a little on your site. I´m a moderator in a german forum called subi-evo-treff, it´s a small forum with about 1000 members, most of them owners of Subarus and Mitsubishi Evos.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, and because I´m a natural born kraut, my english isn´t the best.

I know some of your members, or their cars, like Sir Williams´ Wasabi threads at IWSTI.

:Banane35:

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, car is nothing special, typical ricer:bling:

I need 15 posts for posting something with an url, sorry, no pics for now

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Silke,

Dortmund ist ja nur einen Steinwurf weit weg von Essen (ca 40 km) wo ich derzeit lebe. Habe schon einiges von Dir gelesen, und ja, das Forum gefällt mir sehr gut.

And Bobby, thanks, WRB is the fastest color, but it needs golden rims:banana:

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
seems like many of the Forry guys have visited germany, much more than the STI-guys :biggrin: and every city you mentioned is spelled correct :Banane35:

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Real Lyte: no, that´s a no-go in germany:mob:, the Brits like their beer warm:icon_frown:, german beer is best served cold:banana:...where are your family roots in germany?

Duderotomy: comment ca va? That´s the rest I remember from my french lessons 25 years ago:shrug:

Thanks again for the welcome

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks a lot.

It´s amazing, someone should write a dissertation about "american Forester owners and Germany":icon_biggrin:

Well, I think Frankfurt hasn´t changed his appearance...there are nicer cities:icon_wink:, it´s still one of our criminal capitols, with very rich and very poor quarters

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
when I was a kid, my parents and I were on vacation in the Eifel, Bitburg.

I remember, sitting on the top of a hill, in the middle of nowhere, when the US Fighter pilots made their training flights at low heights, with their F-4 Phantoms and their F-15 Eagles. They flew so low, that I thought I could reach them with my hand (well, I was a kid).

That was in the 1980s, when I saw american cars and american soldiers for the first time.

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It´s good that these "cold warriors" aren´t forgotten, without them, maybe, I would use now a cyrillic keyboard, thank you for your service in the foreign aka my country.

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Haha I was mostly joking about warm beer, I will drink room temperature if I'm too impatient to wait for it to chill lol, a very dark beer is definitely preferable. To be honest I'm not sure where, it is something I have been meaning to look into in general. I want to learn as much as possible so I'm not some "silly" American visiting and walking around like an ignorant fool lol. Now time to start asking my grand parents about where their parents were from exactly...
quick conversion: 60° F are something between 15 and 16° C, that´s ok:icon_wink:

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I've been to Bitburg! Just passing through on my way to more mountain bike trails probably. :shrug: My first housing was in Rodelheim, just outside Frankfurt.....no base housing, just contracted apartments for the soldiers working there. I was not happy when I had to move into town and onto base housing. We moved away from local neighbors who we had become friends with. Aside from the real history and historical sights of your country, I miss the people the most.:Banane35:

Having a front row seat to the jets passing by is nice, isn't it?
Rödelheim, the only thing I know about it is the Rödelheim Hartreim Projekt:icon_wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cszYmZUtcJU

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
it´s not my kind of music too, but that´s the first and only time I´ve ever heard about Rödelheim :icon_wink:

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
thanks, and yes, the recaro was one of the best mods, it´s amazing how this seat will hold you in place.

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
you can order them just like you see in this pic, it´s the recaro sportster CS with side airbag (I didn´t want to loose the safety of a side airbag), and because I´m a little sissy, the seat is heated:woohoo:

here´s a link

.: RECARO :.

but what I know, recaro don´t sell them with airbag in the US, only without

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts