Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 x
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around this forum for a few months and find the information very helpful. I have a 2004 X and so far I am very impressed with it. Good fuel economy, AWD and plenty of room for the dog! I have attached a few pics from my rally race practice run this weekend haha. I was stuck due to my own stupidity. Took a turn a bit fast for the conditions and tires I have. Took awhile to get out but it was still a good time!

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Welcome from Endicott, NY too (well Endicott zip, but in campville)! I'm currently in Oneonta for college but am back in home town regularly. Good to see another enthusiast from the southern tier!

Tyler.

·
Registered
2004 x
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum from KY. It looks almost stuck!
It was stuck for about 45 minutes. All 4 wheels spining without any moving haha. Wet snow with mud underneath made for alot of shovel work! I had to put pine branches under the wheels to get any traction. With no cell service and evening fast approaching I was inspired to dig fast!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
It was stuck for about 45 minutes. All 4 wheels spining without any moving haha. Wet snow with mud underneath made for alot of shovel work! I had to put pine branches under the wheels to get any traction. With no cell service and evening fast approaching I was inspired to dig fast!
Where was this? Someplace in Endicott?

·
Registered
2004 x
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where was this? Someplace in Endicott?
Its actually a state forest in the town of maine or Newark valley. I tried to post a link but I have not made 15 posts yet.

Ketchumville State Forest

It's a good place to let to dog run around as it's never crowded (have only seen one other person there in winter). Its about a mile back where I got stuck. Do you know of anyplace to drive off road in the area?

·
Registered
1995 Legacy Sedan
95 Posts
Its actually a state forest in the town of maine or Newark valley. I tried to post a link but I have not made 15 posts yet.

Ketchumville State Forest

It's a good place to let to dog run around as it's never crowded (have only seen one other person there in winter). Its about a mile back where I got stuck. Do you know of anyplace to drive off road in the area?
Ketchumville? Somewhere near Greenwood? Cause I know you take Ketchumville Rd. to get to Greenwood park. I don't specifically know of anywhere to off road back home, we're always looking for some place to go.(BTW I'm Real Lyte's wife. I'm from Owego, but my dad grew up in Endicott.)

·
Registered
2004 x
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ketchumville? Somewhere near Greenwood? Cause I know you take Ketchumville Rd. to get to Greenwood park. I don't specifically know of anywhere to off road back home, we're always looking for some place to go.(BTW I'm Real Lyte's wife. I'm from Owego, but my dad grew up in Endicott.)
It's not far from Ketchumville Rd. It's off baily hollow Rd (in newark valley). I have been going up there the last few weekends to let the dog run around. It's nice, I have not seen another person. The access road is only about a mile, but its kind of fun when it's snowy or muddy! I think the forest is about 500 acres and surounded by private land.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
It's not far from Ketchumville Rd. It's off baily hollow Rd (in newark valley). I have been going up there the last few weekends to let the dog run around. It's nice, I have not seen another person. The access road is only about a mile, but its kind of fun when it's snowy or muddy! I think the forest is about 500 acres and surounded by private land.
Sweet we should meet up sometime when we are back from college!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts