Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2019 Forester...green. Got the basic trim level with the alloy wheels/roof rail package. Only thing I wish I could have gotten additional was heated seats. Did not want the other stuff that came with the higher trim levels though like the sunroof. Had too many problems with them on other cars over the years...eventually getting noisy, stuck open or closed, leaking, etc. After looking at 2019 VW Golf wagon, Crosstrek, CR-V, HR-V, etc I went with the Forester. I believe it is the best vehicle in its class for the money...thats why i bought it! Hope they have resolved the oil consumption, head gasket, paint and other issues that seem to have plagued recent Subarus...that they have gotten true overall reliability back to what older Subarus were known for...like the 1990 Legacy wagon I used to own. Also that the new direct injection system doesn't become a sgnificant maintenance issue with regard to carbon buildup on the intake valves. Almost all new cars seem to be DI so just have to go with it.
So far (only 50 or so miles!) enjoying the car. Expect to for many years to come. Only annoying thing is the engine stop/start feature. Wish I could turn it off permanently or that default was off and I could only turn it on in stop and go traffic. I do turn it off when I first start the car but it seems to turn itself back on for some reason. Haven't figured out its logic yet.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for the warm welcome guys.
Think I've got the auto stop/start thing figured out. Hasn't come on the past couple of trips. We'll see.
Next up is paint sealant decision (needs to warm up here. won't be above freezing until Friday). Looking at Rejex or CQuartz UK 3.0.
Husky mats front and back are on the way as are Subaru OEM cargo liner & seat back protectors
Reading up about DI, carbon buildup, catch cans etc...sure seems to be lots of strong opinions on that general subject

1 - 3 of 3 Posts