Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just traded in my 05 Forester LL Bean for a 2010 2.5X Premium (didn't want the leather). I was really sad to leave my 05 behind and wasn't even sure I was doing the right thing trading it in, but what a difference! My husband said I'd get over it real quick and I must say, he was right. Much more comfortable, a bit more room for the dogs (love the dog thread, by the way, and will be posting there soon!), a bit easier on the eyes, and I think I got a pretty darn good deal to boot.

I do miss the cubbies, since I like to store lots of stuff in the car in secured locations- leashes, spare water bowl, potty bags (for the dogs of course), and maybe even some things for the people too. I don't like that they got rid of the nets in the back cubbies behind the wheel wells and it's just a hole in there. What am I supposed to do with that? And I kept the cargo nets from the '05 just to find out (from this forum) that I'll need to drill holes in the back to add those mushroom plugs - which I don't have anyway. But, one good thing is that my husband did give me a power drill for Christmas some time ago and now I actually have a reason to use it. :icon_wink: So, yes, I am having a bit of adapting anxieties which I know will all work out and I'll be laughing about it in no time.

I've been a lurker on this forum for some time- hardly ever needed to post since I find answers to most of my questions somewhere on the forum. Thank you for all your help, advise and your warm welcomes. I am looking forward to becoming a bit more active in the forum and getting to "chat" with many of you.

-Ro

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here, finally.
We hope you do contribute, that's what makes this a great site. And with your previous experience with your LL Bean, you can share some great comparisons, likes and dislikes which might help another future buyer.

You can also now add a little more info to your visible profile, you can possibly give a more regional location, you never know, you might find a member nearby. And of course you can add some vehicle info to your Signature, that way it'll show up every time you post making model specific responses easier for everyone. All this can be accomplished by using the pull-down menu in Quick Links. You can Edit Profile and add a more regional location and while in there you can also Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you are good to go.

I've been down through the Catskills a few times on trips to and from the New England states, simply gorgeous scenery.

Enjoy the forum and your new Forester.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone, for the warm welcome.

I have to take it back to the dealership to get some options installed, so once I get it back, I'll post pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts