Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
01 forester l
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new member,stan here new owner of 01 forester l .bought off customer for $400 they let t-belt service go and idler pulley seized and broke belt,tore down engine today dropped 2 valves busted piston and cracked block.any sug on engine swap?its a ej25 map sohc in it.anyway great site and hi to all:icon_biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sounds like a good deal on the Forester, especially if you can do the repairs yourself. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
651 Posts
Just reading the thread subject, I thought we had a new member from Guangzhou, China (formally "Canton") . . . lol. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
Your best bet is to swap the same engine back into it, but if you're feeling creative and up for the challenge... you could swap in an EJ20T, EJ25T, or EZ30 with a little work. They'll essentially bolt right in, but the ECU wiring is the only real hurdle with the swaps.

If you decide to upgrade to something other than the original engine, be sure to document it on here for everybody to see.
For the basic info on swapping the newer EJ25 non-turbo engine into it... check out this thread: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f66/01-forester-swap-info-ej251-vs-ej253-67108/

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
go big or go home, GM 350 with a huge blower through the hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol joking of course, there have been a number of engine swaps as of lately, as others have said if you have the time and the money go for a upgraded swap

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,902 Posts
Welcome! I'm using your tale of the previous owner's fate as a teaching point when people ask if they really have to have their timing belt replaced!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts