Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am speaking to our local (and only) Subaru dealer today about a Forester X Auto. Are there any extras that are must haves or should I be looking at the XS?

Also, will the 4 speed auto be sticking around or should I wait and see if a CVT comes around early next year?

The driveaway price for an X is $36,500 but I'm aiming for about $33,500. Is this reasonable?

We were looking at the new Mazda CX-7 2.5 and while this had a lovely interior, it isn't really suited to any off-blacktop motoring and we have thousands of square kilometers of national parks up here. It would be a shame not to enjoy them!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester purchase. Post up a picture when you get one. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 Forester
94 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum (from a newby).

Have fond memories of Cairns - especially Kuranda Scenic Railway - Home Page

Cheers - Steve

Hi all,

I am speaking to our local (and only) Subaru dealer today about a Forester X Auto. Are there any extras that are must haves or should I be looking at the XS?

Also, will the 4 speed auto be sticking around or should I wait and see if a CVT comes around early next year?

The driveaway price for an X is $36,500 but I'm aiming for about $33,500. Is this reasonable?

We were looking at the new Mazda CX-7 2.5 and while this had a lovely interior, it isn't really suited to any off-blacktop motoring and we have thousands of square kilometers of national parks up here. It would be a shame not to enjoy them!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
Awesome! Did you get to visit any of the rainforest and national parks?
Yep, but only the touristy stuff. None of the cool local spots off the beaten path. Spent a day on the Great Barrier Reef at the Low Islands. Also did the cablecar ride over the rain forest, plus a few other stops. Unfortunately it was a quick trip - was only there for about 3 days and was part of a large wind symphony (100+ folks on the trip) that were performing in Sydney and Cairns. Between rehearsal schedules and the size of the group, mobility was a bit impaired.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, but only the touristy stuff. None of the cool local spots off the beaten path. Spent a day on the Great Barrier Reef at the Low Islands. Also did the cablecar ride over the rain forest, plus a few other stops. Unfortunately it was a quick trip - was only there for about 3 days and was part of a large wind symphony (100+ folks on the trip) that were performing in Sydney and Cairns. Between rehearsal schedules and the size of the group, mobility was a bit impaired.
I'll be sure to post some photos when I go visit some tracks :)

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm getting a test drive next week when they have an auto X in stock. If all goes well then I'll put down a deposit and have a 2010 registered Forester!

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's done!

Went to the dealer and got a final $158 off the price to round it down to AU$35,500.

Forester X | Automatic
Spark Silver | Grey Cloth

* Front Mud Flaps
* Window Visors (Weathershields)
* Tweeter Kit
* Cargo Nets (Side)
* Rear Bumper Step (Resin)

Estimated delivery date is end of March 2010.

Looking forward to many adventures (and more accessories!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts