Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2nd Forester recently. Excited to drive the new Sport Model with Fine interior and additional tech I didn't have before.

I do have a question about getting a clear coat protection layer to save it from nasty things like Bird droppings and sap. Please let me know if any of you have recommendation.

Thank you
Outdoors Lover

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,988 Posts
@Nepaliketi welcome to the forum from Oregon!

You can ask your technical questions here:
Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,332 Posts
I do have a question about getting a clear coat protection layer to save it from nasty things like Bird droppings and sap. Please let me know if any of you have recommendation.
Your Forester comes with a factory clear coat over the paint as do most cars these days. However bird dropping and sap can damage the factory clear coat if left in place. Waxing your car will protect the clear coat. Some on this board will recommend ceramic coatings but I've always had good luck with plain ol' NuFinish liquid wax every 6 months or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts