Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GTI DSG
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just got my new forester x on Friday after trading in my FJ on it. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about my Forester yet, but after driving it yesterday in 95 degree heat with the AC blasting and getting 25 mpg was impressive.
I got a Forester because I felt it could do 90% of what my FJ did and simply put be cheaper in the process. I love to kayak, and the low loading height of the roof was a huge draw.
Anyways, I have pre-read some of the forums here and hope to learn a bunch about my x and how to make it better.
First project, figure out how to get rid of the chrome door handles and get some black ones instead.

See ya out there. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
Welcome!

Which Columbus? Google says there are seven of them in the US!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
Great. That means you're not near Fort Benning (Columbus, GA), which has never been one of my favorite places! It could help us line you up with good sources of parts and service in your area, and some of us might even be able to come over and lend a hand if needed.

The other thing that's useful to do is to put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. Year, model, and transmission type would be just fine. That way you don't have to remember to mention it if you have a question that's quite specific to your own Forester. You can get to the signature through the Quick Links pulldown in the tan bar at the top of any page.

·
Registered
2012 GTI DSG
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it took me awhile, but I finally figured out how to make my 2010X better.
I sold it and bought a 2005XT. Now this car really rocks!
I will miss the puddle lights and the ridiculously crappy blue tooth thingy, not sure how I will manage, but I'm sure I will find a way.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X
1 Posts
Howdy

I just got my Forester on Friday also. The first thing I'm going to look into is a kayak rack. I need to haul 2 Hobbies at once, but only for short distances as the lakes up here in Northern Wisconsin are abundant. How do you haul your kayaks?

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,785 Posts
... finally figured out how to make my 2010X better.
I sold it and bought a 2005XT. Now this car really rocks!...
A case of turbo regret, where it would have cost less to have originally bought 2010 XT.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
Well, it took me awhile, but I finally figured out how to make my 2010X better.
I sold it and bought a 2005XT. Now this car really rocks!
I will miss the puddle lights and the ridiculously crappy blue tooth thingy, not sure how I will manage, but I'm sure I will find a way.
:biggrin:
Haha, sweet. Welcome from Chicago and enjoy the new fxt.

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,785 Posts
... figured out how to make my 2010X better.
I sold it and bought a 2005XT... I will miss the puddle lights...
... As far as the puddle lights go, this is just the tip of iceberg so to speak, my Subie tech says he is seeing lots of these issues on the Foresters and Outbacks http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f85/puddle-light-failure-66169/
Hootie -- are you saying you miss the puddle lights, or did you have problems with them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts