Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 impala
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking to buy a Forester with the help of my Ginseng digging money. Hope to find helpful info in here to help with my purchase. Thanks for letting me join the crew.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,958 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester search. Lots of very good information here on the forum. Try a forum search & if you can't what you're looking for, post a question. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2002 impala
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bobby I am sure I will have some questions For starters do u like the awd compared to a 4x4

·
Super Moderator
35,958 Posts
My previous vehicle was a GMC Jimmy 4X4 & the AWD takes a bit of getting use to. Your gas mileage will be a bit less than a 2WD, but the added traction more than makes up for it! Bottom line, I liked my '03X enough to move up to an '07 last year (July/09). :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2002 impala
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a 07 online at a close dealership within my price range may have to go up and test drive it

·
Super Moderator
35,958 Posts
If you haven't driven an AWD, it might feel a bit different, but don't let the difference turn you away. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2002 impala
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the snow we got here I want awd to feel safe, its been pretty slick out here in the country almost didn't make it home the other day. FWD just won't get it anymore and my ole 4x4 ford truck is getting to old and worn out to trust.

·
Super Moderator
35,958 Posts
The AWD performs very well in snow, but to get the optimal performance, you'll need some decent tires to go with it. :smile:

We had the worst snow storm in 40 years here last winter. It was before the '07, so I was driving the '03X with studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta 4 winter tires. I had zero problems driving on the snow & ice. It was kinda fun! :biggrin:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
291 Posts
Hello from Virginia, hopefully you find that the Forester is a great vehicle for, well just about everything!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts