Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S-Turbo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hello everyone :icon_biggrin: just brought my wife a 2001 S-Turbo.

I own a 1998 Impreza Terzo myself so very pleased i was able to get my wife a Subaru.

As i am into modifying my Impreza i would like to make a few changes to the Forester in due course (nothing major to start, stuff like de-tangoing the indicators and other minor items).

My first question is are there any recommended UK websites that stock modifications etc?

Impreza ones are easy to find but google is not helping me much for the forester :icon_frown:

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
most of the impreza parts will fit straight on :biggrin: ..as you probably know ..performance air filter , de cats , arbs , brakes etc etc so not hard to find bits ..pretty sure you have the smaller turbo on your S turbo.... (Japanese imports have the td04 turbo the same as a wrx) but not exactly sure about the uk 2000 onwards models though , not 100% sure if they have it either ...somebody on here will definitely know.....

·
Registered
2001 S-Turbo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most of the impreza parts will fit straight on :biggrin: ..as you probably know ..performance air filter , de cats , arbs , brakes etc etc so not hard to find bits ..pretty sure you have the smaller turbo on your S turbo.... (Japanese imports have the td04 turbo the same as a wrx) but not exactly sure about the uk 2000 onwards models though , not 100% sure if they have it either ...somebody on here will definitely know.....
Cheers :icon_biggrin: well that answers the first question i had on where the difference in power comes from.

I am sure i will be raiding my bits box at some point from stuff i have taken off of my impreza after upgrades.

Looking at the engine the layout intercooler, manifold etc etc all look like the V4 impreza so hoping that will make things easy on that side.

Did not realise the ARB's would be the same, cheers thats good to know.

Would be interested if there were any specific UK websites that sold mods for the forester though.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
Not sure ...i think they come up a bit short due to the chassis length but i could be wrong ...not wether its the mid section or back box that is longer or shorter to be honest ...best to offer it up i suppose ?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
The Impreza backbox can be made to fit, it sits lower relative to the rest of the system on a Forester so you need to lengthen the hangers at the rear, however this pulls down the rear of the centre section and makes it sit a bit low past the diff so I cut and shut my pipework so it follows the original Forester pipeline, many are less fussy and accept the compromise.

The 2001 has a TF035-6 turbo, smaller than an Impreza (EU TD04) but a little larger turbine housing than the TF035-4 fitted to 99/00MY.

The exhaust line is the same as 01 Impreza (apart from that back box) so you may want to consider loosing the up-pipe cat at some point!

Simon

·
Registered
2001 S-Turbo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The exhaust line is the same as 01 Impreza (apart from that back box) so you may want to consider loosing the up-pipe cat at some point!

Simon
Cheers, did this on my 98 impreza terzo but went sport cat and removed the cat in the center but got issues with overboosting as the solenoid would not keep up (guess) and had to get a dawes device to sort it out.

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Hello and Welcome. - when you have 15 posts, throw up a pic, i will wave if i see you!

·
Registered
2001 S-Turbo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello and Welcome. - when you have 15 posts, throw up a pic, i will wave if i see you!
Will do, but you will be probably waving at my wife :icon_biggrin: glad to see the scooby wave applies to foresters as well :icon_biggrin: god its going to get confusing when i am in my impreza, think i will just wave at all subarus :icon_wink:

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Will do, but you will be probably waving at my wife :icon_biggrin: glad to see the scooby wave applies to foresters as well :icon_biggrin: god its going to get confusing when i am in my impreza, think i will just wave at all subarus :icon_wink:
I have the dodgy looking forester badge on the front of my car... nobody recognises it as a subaru!!!

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
What is this £60 thing :lol:

Or am i just being thick :huh:
When the 'other half' asks "and how much did THAT cost ?" the answer is always £60.

Simple as that..oh...and welcome by the way !!

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
I've waved at loads of fozzers and not had one has responded yet , tell a lie , another stb did once.....they always have that blank look on their face when i give it the thumbs up and a flash as if to say 'who the f..k was that ?' , they don't seem to get it yet it seems to me ....maybe they are all old , need glasses and are confusing the thumb for the bird ??:crazy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts