Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Dannyboy here. I'm the Chairman of Scoobycity and I've been a member on here quite a while already as I've looked at getting a FSTI a few different times over the years.

Anyway I've finally got one although times are a bit harder now-a-days than they once were and sadly its not an FSTI but a lowly 2002 S-Turbo. I was actually after a small, cheap and economical car to use for eating up miles on but spotted this and couldn't resist it as it has LPG fitted.

Now I need a bit of a refresher course in these things as I seem to have forgotten everything I once knew.

Firstly, I need to know what model it is or more to the point what you guys refer to the different models as. I belive I'm right in saying its an SF? And what are the newer/older numbers just so I know.

Also I need to know what bits fit from impreza's as I have a mountain of old bits in the garage from all the different impreza's I've owned over the years.

Whats the cheapest way of dropping these? Can I just put in some impreza springs and if so what model/year will fit?

Now as for performance, what's needed in order to get the power up to say a standard WRX? I assume bigger turbo, injectors and a remap but am I missing anything?

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards
Danny

Attachments

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
danny,

yours is an SF, other models are SG

pretty much anything you can stick on an impreza will fit on the forester. Mines got impreza seats, impreza suspension, impreza anti roll bars, impreza 4 pot brakes and a few other impreza bits.

If you want to drop it do a search for "ultimate suspension" and theres about 25 pages to wade through, so i'll summarise.Pretty much any impreza struts will fit, I have WR1 items on mine and a few other lads have WRX or STI from various years.

For more power, turbo, exhaust, and remap.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,436 Posts
danny,

yours is an SF, other models are SG

pretty much anything you can stick on an impreza will fit on the forester. Mines got impreza seats, impreza suspension, impreza anti roll bars, impreza 4 pot brakes and a few other impreza bits.

If you want to drop it do a search for "ultimate suspension" and theres about 25 pages to wade through, so i'll summarise.Pretty much any impreza struts will fit, I have WR1 items on mine and a few other lads have WRX or STI from various years.

For more power, turbo, exhaust, and remap.
hi Mike , remember that sti suspension you sold me .....would that fit dannyboys car as i never fitted it to my impreza as selling it :biggrin:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Hi Danny
SF5 is the model code.

Almost anything Impreza will fit that you've got, suspension, interior bits, and almost anything engine related, in fact the major sticking point is the exhuast backbox (how minor is that) which is different, although an impreza one can be made to fit with varying work depending on how fussy you are!

I was running Impreza STi (newage) suspension (2" drop to Impreza ride height), but am now running modified Forester springs on the STi struts (1" drop). You need STI or WRX wagon springs at the rear to avoid 'butt sag' due to the extra rear weight.

To match a WRX (220bhp ish) power output you can add ancilleries and get a remap on stock TF035 turbo and you'll just match it, otherwise go to a TD04L WRX takeoff (+remap) for an easier life, or try a TF/TD Hybrid!

Simon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your input guys.

Plenty of easy options then in both power and handling departments. :D

I have some 01 WRX and 98 UK Turbo springs will they go straight in or Do have to have impreza struts aswell?

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
or just stick the biggest Turbo youve got on, rip off the exhaust for strainght through pipe, stick on the Walbro, green filter, AVCR and POWER FC you have lying around whip it down to JGM and as if by magic you have a car that goes faster than it stops

.... dont forget those 4 pots then,

... and ARB, Strut braces, drop links, suspension wheels and tyres,

its a family car I tell you...............

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
I have some 01 WRX and 98 UK Turbo springs will they go straight in or Do have to have impreza struts aswell?
You need to match them to Impreza struts otherwise the Foz struts will spned too long on the internal bumpstops and fail.

You can use either if they are off a wagon, if not neither unless you want butt sagg!

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts