Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
are the "stock wires" coming from the stock horn and alarm both positive? if so then a 3A Barrel Diode (Model: 276-1141) from radioshack would do since it will only serve as a trigger for your relay. cathode side to the 86 pin and anode side to the horn/alarm side. :smile:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe he means the beeper? man imagine unlocking your doors with these babies on.. OUCH :lol:
My 03' came with keyless entry but not a stock alarm, when I got the OEM alarm kit, it has you attach a third horn to the car by the strut tower. Hence why I was thinking to wire it like I have it in my diagram. I have no idea where the stock keyless entry piezo beeper is but would prefer that to stay as is.

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
My 03' came with keyless entry but not a stock alarm, when I got the OEM alarm kit, it has you attach a third horn to the car by the strut tower. Hence why I was thinking to wire it like I have it in my diagram. I have no idea where the stock keyless entry piezo beeper is but would prefer that to stay as is.
the piezo beeper aka "beep / beep-beep" sounds are wired and activated separately. It is just an audible indicator for the door locks. The horn (strut mounted) are only activated when the alarm is triggered.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the piezo beeper aka "beep / beep-beep" sounds are wired and activated separately. It is just an audible indicator for the door locks. The horn (strut mounted) are only activated when the alarm is triggered.
OK so my idea of wiring is the "right way to do it".

·
Registered
2009 Forester
4 Posts
Horn replacements are gravy

I just replaced the stock horns with some standard replacement horns for a domestic car, giving me a beefier horn sound and volume. I couldn't handle my wife laughing at my car every time I set my alarm, so the stock had to go. The replacement went super easy and took less than an hour for both. It was a little upsetting at how little of material is holding the front of my car together compared to my full size pick up I traded in for my Foz. Good luck

·
Registered
04 Forester 5MT
345 Posts
ahh. makes sense. good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts