Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the work done and location mounted.

The kit comes complete with harness, relay and switch. I mounted the switch on the bottom side of the steering column.

First picture will show the cut outs in the grille. I used tin snips and a dremel. Cut to fit basically.

Last one shows them on, pic was taken at a current TV show police headquarters location. Who can name it??

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
Thanks for posting Ploney, quiet possibly the most professional aux light mod I've seen. I agree with Northwest, any chance of some lighting difference photos? No idea on the police HQ. :?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Pete, please go ahead and post some pics of your setup in the aux lighting sticky thread in this forum also. :)

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post in the sticky on the way.

As well as the from the drivers seat shots with them on and off. I already have them. Of course there at home though. I'll post them after work tonight.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
I've bought lights from this place in the past with no problems. They carry those lights for $50.90 (kit) and lot of others.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ploney, that AUX light install looks really good, reminds me of a similar mod by Lizardspd (I think thats what his name was) from the old sf.com site. I think he had the larger Hella Ralleys installed in his grill.

He had a long thread going about his install and fabrication of the mounts for the lights, great post. I wonder if he could repost that thread!

Anyways good work!

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bright are they pictures are still on the way. sorry for the delay.
Thanks for the positive feedback too!!

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK here is an animation of how bright they are.

Scene 1, Brights on
Scene 2, Regular lights plus driving lights
Scene 3, Regular lights plus driving lights plus Hellas

This shows how bad the brights are!!!! Anyone concur?

·
Registered
934 Posts
can you post a pic with just the front of the car with the lights and grill together. just wondering what it looks like put together

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've always liked this look since you first posted it. Do they dance around at all? How are they mounted? I may have to steal this idea and put it to my SF.

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mbroadhe said:
I've always liked this look since you first posted it. Do they dance around at all? How are they mounted? I may have to steal this idea and put it to my SF.
They are screwed into the U channel in front of the radiator. No dancing what soever. The mounts come with rubber isolators to help out too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts