1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a bit of a coming together

need passenger fog and put a dent in the bumper

can you heat the bumper and push it back out? Ill wait till summer, but on the look out for a front fog, waiting on ebay reply

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,984 Posts
I put a small dent in mine from a concealed post in the workplace carpark and over time it seems to have repaired itself.

Subarus - is there anything they can't do?

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bloody miracle if this repairs itself lol

my fault but if I can repair it my self by heating it and pushing it out ill be happy. It just adds to the well earned battle scars

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo
396 Posts
the wife bent the rear bumper on the first Forester we had, proper bent aswell and I took it off and pushed it back out, worked a treat although you could see the white stretch marks where the bend was originally, didn't heat it either...

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
I'd be more worried about your foot:pedal interface matey, or as a secondary concern your hands:steering wheel interface.

I think if it was me though, afterwards I would have seriously had to check my ***:pants interface. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol

no amount of stamping pulling steering swearing was going to stop me heading into that hedge at 5mph

at least 5 seconds of "s##############t" but I still got home and reckon I can pull / push that dent out and get a fog from breakers

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Really...even the swearing didn't stop it...??

Seriously though, glad it was only a minor fracas and that you and the Forester live to fight another day :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
body wise she has the scars

mechanically she doesnt want for anything

cant get too precious about it, otherwise you wouldnt be out in the snow dicking around would you ....

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but you have an 06 FSTI

I have a 98/99 Stb

my mods are worth more than the car remember lol

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Nich

i was up at allens scrap yard the other week (stoke on trent) he had 2 *** imports (S/tb + T/tb i think) with the front fog light still on.

might be worth giving him a call

Allens Spares & Salvage

Allens Spares & Salvage
Limekiln Lane, Church Lawton,
Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, ST7 3AG
Telephone: 01782 786580

hope this helps

Frazer

·
Registered
2007 Columbia Edition
1 Posts
Self-repairing bumpers

I backed into a stop sign trying to avoid a goose and felt terrible for damaging the poor Baru but ignored the blemish for a number of months only to discover yesterday that the dent had vanished. I am happy to find other people have experienced the same miraculous healing. I am not sure how this happened we have had some weather changes but nothing major - from -15 to -2C hardly extreme.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
I put a small dent in mine from a concealed post in the workplace carpark and over time it seems to have repaired itself.

Subarus - is there anything they can't do?
I agree, my VooDoo bumper did the same thing. Had a nice 5-inch "post" shaped dent in my bumper. Two days later is was gone. Holy crap!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts