Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Went for an oil change tonight and was told I have a "heavy transmission fluid leak."

Was supposed to be heading out on a roadtrip in a few days and the chances of having it looked at before then will be slim. The subaru dealers in the area are booking into late August.

Any options on anything I might be able to do to get through the next couple weeks?

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Forester
87 Posts
Needs a bit more information or pics ... what is heavy? How much is there left? Dipstick level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
447 Posts
Brian, we don't know where you are geographically, so maybe update your profile. We might be able to help better if we knew where you are.

USA or some other country? It's hard for me to believe that there is any USA dealership that can't look at your car within the next week. This is a warranty issue and potentially affects the longevity of your transmission. Subaru I'm sure would prefer to fix your leak rather than replace your $7,000+ CVT.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT CVT sport mode
54 Posts
Howdy,

Went for an oil change tonight and was told I have a "heavy transmission fluid leak."

Was supposed to be heading out on a roadtrip in a few days and the chances of having it looked at before then will be slim. The subaru dealers in the area are booking into late August.

Any options on anything I might be able to do to get through the next couple weeks?

Thanks
I would try working something out with the dealership

1 - 6 of 6 Posts