Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 forester xt scv
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not sure where to put this thread...

Brand new '14 and the foot heater sucks. The passenger side seems to have air flow but the drivers side is supper weak.

Has anyone modified the heater vent? Seems like the drivers side could be opened up to have a little more flow. What do you think?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Have you had it checked by the dealer? Could well be nothing more than a stuck diverter door.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
I agree that the footwell vents don't seem to deliver much heat. I've found some improvement by selecting the footwell position on the vent selector and closing the left- and right dash vents.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester Cvt
195 Posts
The problem is it blows on my leg and not on my feet. So my feet get cold. I wonder if I could make a plastic reflector to deflect the air down to my feet. I think I'll try that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 forester xt scv
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked under there today and the drivers side is funny. The vent opening has three different holes with the one pointed at your legs the biggest. I don't use a lot of heat here in Hawaii but when I do I want it on my bare toes. I think I might just open up the hole pointed at my feet.

·
Registered
2008 X 5MT
459 Posts
I looked under there today and the drivers side is funny. The vent opening has three different holes with the one pointed at your legs the biggest. I don't use a lot of heat here in Hawaii but when I do I want it on my bare toes. I think I might just open up the hole pointed at my feet.
Or put some duct tape on the bigger hole.

·
Premium Member
'19 Forester LTD CVT
3,248 Posts
My mother has complained about the heat directed at the feet in her (2011) Forester too. I made a deflector by first using some clay to craft it in the car, then removing it and heating some plastic so it was flexible, and shaping it to the clay. Much better now!

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
My mother has complained about the heat directed at the feet in her (2011) Forester too. I made a deflector by first using some clay to craft it in the car, then removing it and heating some plastic so it was flexible, and shaping it to the clay. Much better now!
You wouldn't happen to have a picture, would you?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Jim / crewzer

·
Premium Member
'19 Forester LTD CVT
3,248 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a picture, would you?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Jim / crewzer
Wish I had seen this earlier. Won't be able for 2-3 weeks. I'll try to remember to grab one when I'm back home.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
OK... Thanks!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2015 Impreza 5-Door Sport Auto (CVT)
2,351 Posts
Wasn't it during the summer that some complained about the air conditioning in the new '14 Forester not being adequate?

I guess it's only right to complain about the heater.

·
Registered
'14 FXT
66 Posts
By beef is how LOUD the thing is. Anything over fan setting 2 and it's like I have the windows down.

Oh, and the poorly angled foot vent. I'm anxiously waiting for Loscaldazar's photos.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
The temps here are getting into the low 40's, high 30's. I find the heater in my XT works just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts