Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MY99 Forester S has heated seats and a few weekends ago I had taken apart the console and subsequently the driver's switch for the heated seat. When I put it back it turns out I reassembled it wrong and in doing so had blown the fuse. Replaced the fuse, put the switch back together right (so far as I can tell) and now the switches light up just fine as before.

Except now the seats don't work.

Any theories?

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
2 fuses here. Fuse 4 supplies the Heated seat relay coil, Fuse 19 supplies the POWER to the seat elements themselves.

You may either have a blown fuse, defective switch, or open heating element.

There are 2 elements. With the switch on HIGH, Both the seat back AND seat bottom have 12V applied to them directly.

Wiith the switch on LOW, the elements are in Series. So if either one is defective, the LOW setting will not work.

So if the fuses and switches are good, check it in HIGH to see of the back ot bottom fails to heat.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I checked the #4 fuse and it was good. Except it was listed as cigarette lighter in the manual. While I was reading it I couldn't find another fuse other than #19.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
There are 2 elements. With the switch on HIGH, Both the seat back AND seat bottom have 12V applied to them directly.
there's something good to know...

Wiith the switch on LOW, the elements are in Series. So if either one is defective, the LOW setting will not work.
...especially this one.

thanks,

_taF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts