Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding in my wife's '12 Outback yesterday I again found myself hating the switches and location of my heated seat switches in my 09 Foz. So I have a few questions.

1. Is there a trim level of the SH body that did not come with heated seats and if so is there a blank panel that goes in the location of the current switches.

2. Is there an online source for the new switches in the forester that are just high and low. If there is would they hook up into my car without a fuss?

I am thinking of either following the writeup on here and installing them in the cubby hole or some how adding them to the console in the useless change holder. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2011 2.5x Auto
346 Posts
Crazy switch location

Blank panel : when you remove the switch assembly, there will be a hole to fill. I used a piece of my armrest, since I had enlarged it and had some of the old one left over. You could easily mount any flat plastic beneath the hole. Paint to match or cover with naugahyde of a similar color. You could even add another power outlet there.

Switches: your seat heaters are not compatible with the 2011-2013 two-position switches.

Useless change holder: I was thinking about mounting here originally, but there is no room underneath.

Writeup you mentioned: for the benefit of others; search " move the seat heater switches " .

·
Registered
2009 Forester auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks "for4me" and thank you for your write up.. I meant to go back and mention you.. but I got sidetracked and forgot to open the pdf to see the name associated with it.

Well that is no goo the switches are not compatible.. I guess I will ride up to radio shack and see if I can find a blank panel and do what you did.. yours looked great so I think that might be the way to go..

I may try and put my aux. jack in the blank panel..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts