Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I installed the Pioneer DEH-P4100UB, sounds sick by the way, but my stock speaker in the trunk wont work (not sure if its a sub or mid) but anyways I have an 05 XT with the premium speakers. When I connected the wire harnesses to each other I had two wires left but no where to attach to the pioneer. Does anyone know how to hook up that speaker or has had the same problem?
thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,720 Posts
If you're talkng about the subwoofer located in the cargo area, you loose it when you upgrade to an aftermarket head unit. The factory head unit had another amp to power the subwoofer. There are ways to get it to function, but in my opinion, this is a better way to go. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright so basically i have to connect my sub wire directly to the negative battey terminal and im good to go? But do i have an option of just putting in a small amp?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,720 Posts
The direct (unswitched) subwoofer power is to the "positive" battery terminal. :wink:

If you want the rear subwoofer to work, yes, you could install an amp for it. Still, IMO, you'd be better replacing/upgrading it. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks yeah Im thinking about just installing a 10 inch aftermarket sub in the stock location so I guess ill need an amp anyways.

But does anyone know an amp that would power a 10 inch along with the stock speakers?
one last question...for the sub can I use the existing wire that runs to the factory trunk speaker?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts