Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 L SJ
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just upgrading my 2014 SJ L (aust model) forester radio with new JVC Android auto unit. It has the stock clarion in it that only has USB, 20 pin and the smaller connector that I believe just has factory mic in it. Does anyone have a copy of the pinouts for the twenty pin and an idea of what the other white plug does? I know the 20 pin must have the steering wheel controls on but the harness i have doesn't have enough wires for this so i will likely need to ad more.

I have just bought the car a few weeks ago and really enjoying it. For me its a big upgrade to the Mazda 323/Protegé i have been driving.

thanks

David

·
Registered
2014 L SJ
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok I think I have found the info

any ideas about how to add pins to the harness i bought?

any ideas of if its possible to move or mirror reverse cam to new unit from the MFD?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
85 Posts
ok I think I have found the info

any ideas about how to add pins to the harness i bought?

any ideas of if its possible to move or mirror reverse cam to new unit from the MFD?
You can either buy a 20 pin forward harness, or since I didn't want to wait, I bought a second Metra harness from a local shop.

You need 4, 13, and 14 if I remember correctly. The pins come out if you have the tool, I didn't have the tool so I used a hacksaw to scavenge the second harness for the pins. Then you just stick them in the right spot.

You should be able to find the adapters for reverse cam pretty easily, I didn't do this.

These are from my install. Metra 70-7552, ASWC-1, and JVC headunit. (first pic is the harness i cut apart)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts