Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT PPP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Can anyone tell me what they know about changing the headlights for driving on the continent. I am planning on buying a UK forester 2.5 XT (nice prodrive for sale at the moment!) and taking it to Spain. I will need to get the headlights changed for driving on the right. Any knowledge on this greatfully received!

Cheers
Steve

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
In theory, it should just be a case of swapping the RHD headlight units out for LHD units I'd have thought?

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
Swap lights should be in the region of 1k minimum. Don't pay 16k€ for the white prodrive one from a dealer it is seriously overpriced!

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
If you are holidaying in Spain then you can get stick on lenses to convert you headlights.
If you are taking the car to Spain permantely you are on sticky ground as legally you cannot do it for long the cops will get used to it being on UK plates and they do not like it

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
If you are holidaying in Spain then you can get stick on lenses to convert you headlights.
If you are taking the car to Spain permantely you are on sticky ground as legally you cannot do it for long the cops will get used to it being on UK plates and they do not like it
As long as you have a UK address, use the car in UK and go back once a year (or more often) to get it MOTed and have proof of ferry ticket there is nothing they can do.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT PPP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the comments about police and plates! I live in Spain and will be re registering the car to spanish plates and not asking about that at this time ;).

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
then cheap way would be beam deflectors in uk then search scrapers in france/spain as you pass through

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
If you have non-HID lights you can put deflectors on them , the question is whether they will pass spanish MOT with them.
To register in Spain you would also need a speedo that shows km/h I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts