Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to maybe change my headlights and rear headlights, I did the jdm rear headlights so I might get those but I wanted to know some more options with the regular headlight assembly and what I can do with it.

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
Which vintage SJ Forester?

You most likely have two options. Spend $$$$ to swap over to OEM HID housings. Or plug in LED SL1's from @Diode Dynamics. (If making a purchase, send them a PM first!)

I have the SL1's in my high beams. (DRL module unplugged) And SL1's in the wife's Impreza as low beams.

For added bonus, install their SS3 Driving lights. (Replaced fog light units) There's a thread in the vendor forum for them.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
637 Posts
The plus/minus percentages compared to the aged H11 aren't consistent. Sometimes they're the Sealight and sometimes they're the DD. But given that the Sealight emitters aren't in the right spot, maybe they shouldn't be included in the results. (I don't know if the DD ones are in the right spot.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah they aren't consistent because it's trying to paint the LEDs in the best possible light. Whichever LED scored higher was chosen to compare to an old H11 bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts