Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Headlight in 09 Outback

998 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bbottomley 
#1 ·
I have a headlight that went out in my 09 Outback. Should I go to a dealer and get this changed or is this incredibly easy?

If easy, where should I order from?

I would think the bulbs should match so one isn't brighter than the other. Advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

#2 ·
Check your owners' manual.......look under "bulb replacement"...should have step by step instructions with illustrations.

As to ease, I would think it really is easy (unless the side that burned out is partially hidden by the battery which can be a pain....)....usually, you carefully pull the rubber boot off the bulb and then release a spring wire bulb holder. Pop new bulb in, replace wire clip (it usually pivots in and out of place) and replace rubber boot. Then, press the wire plug back over he bulb prongs.

You really don't have to replace bulbs in pairs unless you feel rich........you'll never notice the difference. On my '03 Forester, one bulb went after 5 years, the other never did until i replaced both with high output bulbs and a new harness so no need to worry.....

Steve

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.