Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Very soon, hopefully I will be purchasing the LED Touring Headlamps for my Premium 2018 XT.

I have seen some write up's on this forum on how to install them but would not be comfortable doing it myself.

Can anyone recommend any reliable shop in Socal (preferably a shop that works on Subies) that can handle doing this type of install?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do a bit more digging, headlight removal and installation should be pretty simple. removing front bumper, remove 4 bolts for the headlamp assembly itself, and reverse with new headlamps.

there should be youtube vids that show you step by step.

edit: I should say, thats how it is on my 08 fxt. haha. my wifes 16 impreza was almost identical.

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Actually I wasn't clear in my post, what I meant was a shop that can assist in the rewiring of the LED Headlamps to adapt to work with my Premium XT that came with regular halogen setup.

That would also of course include physically installing them by removing the bumper and all but the main thing I would need assistance with eventually, is the wiring.

·
Registered
85 Posts
@Ashiq Did this ever get installed successfully? From what I've read, it's not a simple plug and play.

Sounds like a damn pain in the *** like my Touring brown power memory seats that dont plug into my Premium XT, and I need wiring diagrams to figure out if I can get memory and heat working. We managed to power it up by splicing wires.

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Ashiq Did this ever get installed successfully? From what I've read, it's not a simple plug and play.

Sounds like a damn pain in the *** like my Touring brown power memory seats that dont plug into my Premium XT, and I need wiring diagrams to figure out if I can get memory and heat working. We managed to power it up by splicing wires.
Hi,

No I have not got around to it just yet.

In fact, just today, I ordered the 2 small parts ( the computer pieces that come with the halogen headlamp, I didn't want to use my own, so I ordered those).

Next, I have to order the actual lamps.

Hopefully soon.

Once I get it all done, I will certainly post it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts