Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Sport
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a friend who has a friend with a 02 2.5 rs and he is stripping all his parts off before he loses his car in the divorce.

the main things he has that i am intrested in are the 2 inch lowering springs , intake and borla headers.

he has no idea what he spent on any of it and is looking to just get rid of it all quick. I'm gonna offer him 100 bucks for all of it. only catch is that i gotta help take them off.
Seems pretty good to me. Anything i should keep in mind? im almost positive from what i have read on here that all of it will work ( springs and headers) because it's the same motor right?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
The only thing I think you might need are new header gaskets. They're the older style springs so I believe the top hats you have will work with them since you've got an SF.
If it's just a cold-air intake, it should also work fine. You'd have to check that the intake MAF sensors are the same between the two cars.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
The springs will fir on your stock shocks but probably destroy them rather quickly. I would hold onto those until you have the cash to pick up a set of Impreza shocks to go with them.
As far as the intake, like Duderotomy said, it should fit as long as you SF is a '00-'02. There are some that fit the Impreza that don't fit the SF though since the SF doesn't have two fender holes like the Impreza does(I think if it goes through the front hole in the Impreza you're SOL).

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
2" impreza lowering springs will have your car lowered over 4" as you'll have to put them on impreza struts (stock impreza suspension will already lower it 2-3").

1 - 5 of 5 Posts