Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if Header Mods are worth the money for the power gains? Is the sound changed good or does it sound bad? What brand would you do you recomend? Thanks Jeff

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
slight loss in tq but a good jump in HP (mostly top end mod) I hate the sound of a subaru w/ equal length headers, sounds like a honda. they're a good idea if you're doing a turbo swap but with the stock turbo setup its probably not worth the $

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
When I was talking with the guys from Gruppe S a while back, the guy I spoke with said that the STi guys are getting as much as 20whp from a header. Obviously its not just the how much hp but where the hp/tq is made that really counts, but it sounds like a reasonable mod, considering the Fxt has a more restrictive factory header to begin with.

Unequal length headers probably aren't as efficient, but helps keep the boxer sound intact I think.

Jeff

·
Registered
273 Posts
yeah, on my wife's xt we have an equal length header. my wife and i both love the boxer rumble and hate what her xt sounds like now. very much like a honda... our next move will be to get a stealthback and sti axleback so we can muffle some of that fartcan noise... i do believe we did feel some top end power but be advised that it is via butt-dyno only.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Depending on the header design it might sound like a *****in' rally car or it might sound like a dying moose (honda).

IIRC APS has a beautiful header available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts