Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a link that I once got from either scoobymods or the old site, I checked out the wiring harness at Innovative Automotive ( http://tinyurl.com/5zdhw ). I sent them a diagram of the B201 connector (attached below) that my shop manual CD says connects to the OEM 6-CD head unit, and they responded that it didn't look like the 12-pin connector on their harness.

Can anybody shed light on this? Does the head unit indeed use a non-standard connector? If so, is there another source that can supply a harness with the correct one.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Now that I look at my manual again I see that it's the same one. The radio itself is called i26 on the diagram, and it's configured like the one you posted. Its harness mates with the larger B201 connector at a transition place of some sort.

Actually all three versions that you posted are identical. They don't match the description of the connector being 12 pins that I got today from Innovative Automotive's customer support, but if all Subies have been identical for years, I'm inclined to take a chance.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got back to Innovative Automotive with the info that the connectors on all Subies appear to have 14 pins, not the 12 that they cited. We had a recount, and the answer did indeed come back 14. So I'm going to get one from them.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport 2.5XT
282 Posts
It should use the same standard connector found in most (if not all) Subarus. I put in a Pioneer head unit a while ago (in my '05), and everything was fine using the Metra connector for all Subarus (19__+).

I have since swapped the Pioneer AVIC-N1 that was in my '04 STi into the FXT, and it works as it should. So, the back of the 6-cd radio does use the standard Subaru harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts