Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally come to the point where I'm so tired of not having Bluetooth, and having to manually plug my phone in that I'd like to do something about it.

I have an 09 Subaru Forester L.L.Bean edition with navigation. it currently has Bluetooth connection for the phone when making calls, but nothing for audio. I'd like to upgrade to something that will allow me to use BT for both.

Has anyone done this, and if so do you have suggestions?

Have you seen any drawbacks? (like not being able to see MPG, and other vehicle information etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2013 Forester
17 Posts
I have a 13 Forester with steering wheel controls, OEM subwoofer, OEM aux/usb in center console, and rear backup camera.

Replaced stock unit with Pioneer AVH-4200NEX (likely new model out) which has iDataLink capabilites. Used iDatalink Maestro RR ADS-MRR to retain steering wheel controls which also added OBD readouts to Pioneer AVH-4200NEX.

Purchased harnesses from AutoHarnessHouse.com to retain OEM subwoofer, OEM aux/usb in center console and OEM rear backup camera.

My dash required a Metra adapter plate to fit the head unit with no gaps. Stock unit is wider than standard double din stereos.

Also purchased a brake trick circuit from ebay so I can play movies of SD card from Pioneer AVH-4200NEX.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts