Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MY06 Forester.

My head and tail lights have chrome bezels surrounding the bulbs and lenses.

I could of sworn I have seen head and tail lights for my body style with black instead of chrome bezels. ...are they called bezels?

I know the body style before mine had a black option depending on the trim level.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

Jon

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Black surround head/tail lights can be purchased from one of the vendors on here. When I bought them they were roughly $570 for the heads and $300 for the tails. That was over a year ago...

I believe these fit 06-08 Foz's. The '08 Sports came with these already installed! (lucky bastids!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black surround head/tail lights can be purchased from one of the vendors on here. When I bought them they were roughly $570 for the heads and $300 for the tails. That was over a year ago...

I believe these fit 06-08 Foz's. The '08 Sports came with these already installed! (lucky bastids!!!!!!!!!)
Westfield ehh? I'm down by Great Adventure.

Thats quite the price! Do you recommend any specific vendor?

Jon

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Is there any specific reason this can't be done to the tails? I have the chromes and was considering a black mod to save from spending $300
Someone tried baking them and the housing melted, so that didn't work. IIRC someone else tried using a heat gun but there was more than just epoxy holding it together. They actually had to use a dremel and do some cutting to get them apart, and I don't remember if they were ever really able to reassemble them nicely.

I picked up an extra set of the chromies and plan to try using spray tint on them. See here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f85/blacking-out-tailights-14584/index3.html

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
the impreza crowd uses a dremel to cut open the backs, carefully paint them and then window seal to glue them back together;
linked to it here

but this wouldn't be for the faint of heart and I would recommend you have a backup set of tails before you start cutting..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts