Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forrester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My wife just called me and said our 98 Forester which has been sitting for 5 months has a dead battery. She got a jump and took the car home. She said when she turned the engine off, the hazard lights were on. She turned off the hazard light on the dash and the lights turned off. After 10 or 20 seconds, they came back on but were flashing slower. When she turned them back on, they wer flashing faster again. I am guessing that this hazard light problem is why the battery is dead.

I am out of town now so the above is based on her descrpiption over the phone. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Robert

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,712 Posts
Something about "flashing lights" after a dead battery sounds familiar. :icon_eek: Take a look at this post. If that doesn't help, try a forum search, "flashing lights", with the quotes. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
1999 forrester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for hazard help!

Thanks guys- it looks like you have solved our problem. I forwarded the info on the CODE ALARM SYSTEM to her. We ought ot be able to get it working tomorrow.

Hi All

My wife just called me and said our 98 Forester which has been sitting for 5 months has a dead battery. She got a jump and took the car home. She said when she turned the engine off, the hazard lights were on. She turned off the hazard light on the dash and the lights turned off. After 10 or 20 seconds, they came back on but were flashing slower. When she turned them back on, they wer flashing faster again. I am guessing that this hazard light problem is why the battery is dead.

I am out of town now so the above is based on her descrpiption over the phone. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts