Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed over the past week there's this creaking noise coming from what i suppose is the hatch., I did lower it on wrx struts // sti springs and did put a RSB in but that was a couple weeks ago this started a week after all of that and its not a clunk its more of a creaking sound and i think it may be the hatch because it seems to do it under 35mph anything over and it doesn't do it?

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Automatic
43 Posts
Did you install any polyurethane bushings? Does it happen when you go over speed bumps?

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i greased them all up.., i doubt you would be able to hear the bushings creaking that noticable from the cabin., its somewhere towards the back over little noteven bumps just creaking and creaking cant figure it out., or maybe it could be the bushings? you think if i lube them anymore theyll simmerdown?

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Automatic
43 Posts
I usually check for bushing noise by driving over speedbumps slowly with the windows down. If you are using polyurethane bushings make sure you lube them with a silicone grease and/or Teflon tape. One of my favorites that's stocked at the local industrial / bearing supply stores is:

DOW CORNING 111 VALVE LUBRICANT & SEALANT
www dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/details.aspx?prod=01889834

·
Super Duper Moderator
2,474 Posts
Bumping a nearly decade old thread because.....

1. It is relevant.
2. The current forum search engine is broken.

`13 XT ~88k miles on it. The last 5k miles the rear hatch has gotten quite loud in its squeaks when going over off camber undulations... i.e. speed bumps/drainage gutters at odd angles.

Looking at the striker latch I can see where the wear on it is higher on one side versus another.

Loosened and moved latch one direction, while loosened and move the striker the opposite. Thinking it would create more space and lessen the friction/noise.

And nope. Still creaks like a rickety old chair.

If there's an active thread for this, please share.... Or if anyone else has dealt with this lately?

C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts