Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT 4EAT
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 1st forester last Saturday, and yesterday I get a call from the dealership asking me to come back in to resign my paper work. Apparently the vin on my car is not the vin on the paperwork I signed. Good thing its on my way home.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT 4EAT
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the bump, no worries I just thought it to be an odd situation. The dealer is really anxious for me to come back in. Almost like I could get away with something. I would not of course, that would be such bad kharma.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
38 Posts
I had something similar happen.

We bought our 2010 just before closing the day after Thanksgiving. The dealership is just over an hour from our house. About half way home I asked my wife if she had written the check for our down payment since I had been busy installing our car seat in the new car after we had finished the paper work. She hadn't and the dealership never asked for it even though it was reflected in the paperwork. Needless to say they were a bit anxious when I spoke to the salesperson the next day and told them what happened. We mailed the check the next day.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X Auto
947 Posts
I had something like that happen too a couple of years ago when I bought a trailer. We were waiting for the payment to come out and it never did, so we called the dealer wondering what was up. They had completely changed management during the month or so since we had purchased and the paperwork(bank papers, bill of sale, warranty etc) was all missing. They were some glad we called as they had no idea where the trailer was. Darn it, we might of had a free trailer. Honesty, it's overrated(kidding). Kinda wish I did nothing at the time now, as they were a horrible dealer and jerked me around numerous times with warranty work and not keeping their word. Let them sweat a little.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Everybody makes mistakes, even dealers. They should give you the car for free now tho. :smile:

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,619 Posts
Its probably just an honest mistake. I don't really see a problem.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
I just picked up my 1st forester last Saturday, and yesterday I get a call from the dealership asking me to come back in to resign my paper work. Apparently the vin on my car is not the vin on the paperwork I signed. Good thing its on my way home.
You need to work with the dealer to straiten this out.
If there is a loan involved you may have a problem getting a clear title when the terms of the loan are met.
Honesty is the best policy.
Trust but verify. This time double check the paperwork.
Good luck.
Red

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
541 Posts
How far is the dealer? If it is their mistake, maybe they should come and meet you at your convenience instead of you having to spend time driving back there.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT 4EAT
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we just signed it. The dealer was pretty cool. So no hard feelings. Dang I should have gotten the XT :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts