Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the FSTi serviced and it was given a pretty good bill of health.

It's just ticked over 119k miles and other than normal items (oil, filters - including pollen) it needed only new droplinks on the front.

A couple of things coming down the track; the exhaust (original) is starting to corrode and the rear suspension is also showing signs of some corrosion (who else still has their original struts at 119k miles!). Neither will be huge expense items to deal with.

So given its rude health, I wonder if now is finally the time to move on whilst my memories remain fond and I'm passing it on without any problems.

I wonder...

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, though there is one available that I'm interested in.

They have the spirit of the FSTi, which is what really appeals to me... even down to the bright blue, should one wish!

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,740 Posts
Those Polestars do look pretty interesting performance wise, far more exciting than the current Forester offerings.......

The V40 Polestar previous generation version I've driven was interesting but a bit "soft" and detached compared to the SG Forester turbo. I wonder how the full fat V60 Polestar compares.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think that's a Polestar, rather a Polestar pack, i.e. it's a tuning package, bit like the Mountune stuff for the ST/RS Fords.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts