Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone has successfully used FreeSSM or Romraider Logger with 2014 model? I tried two VAG K-COM cables (with FTDI -FT232R- chipset) and I am not able to connect with either application...

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,779 Posts
Just tried, could not get to connect (this is running virtualbox version on os x; ubuntu something or other) Got the software up; got the serial port switched over, but it wont talk to the tcu and the test (under preferences) returns an error.

·
Registered
'15 XT CVT
1,080 Posts
I recommend this thread:
FreeSSM - Complete access to your ECM and TCU - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

I was able to get Freessm to connect to the ECU and romraider to connect to all on my 2012 OB. I could not connect Freessm to the TCU. I recommend romraider for TCU.

I haven't tried the Forester yet. I'd be shocked if it didn't work. The key is getting the right cable.

Romraider was one of the hardest software to ever get running right. You have to get the "right" file in the "exact" folder in order for it to work. Not sure if the DIT file is out yet (probably not) but the FB2.5 has been out for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts