Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title really. Has anyone used autoparts.beforward.jp before?

I've found some goodies on there I like the look of but I don't know much about the site or how payment works. The goodies are in Japan and by looks of it, the parts description has been through a few translations so doesn't make complete sense...........The photo in the ad shows 4 wheels but this is the description:
There are a product made in, sulcular 5mm, a side wall crack in Jun say, aluminum, option, STi,17 X 7.0J,5H,4 phone, 100,+48, spoke gully wound ant, Yokohama with the rim gully wound ant tire, Brewer's AE50,225/55R17, 2015, and there is a tread crack
Any idea what 4 phone means?

Has anyone used DHL to receive items by Air freight from Japan? If so, how did it work with customs charges and do DHL charge their own processing fees in addition?

Also, completely unrelated :devilish: Does anyone know if STI Spec C Type R Enkei's clear Brembos in +48mm offset at 7.0J width? I believe these might have also been sold in the US for the 2008 Forester XT Sports Edition. I would assume they clear Brembos.....But you know what they say about assumptions.....

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,141 Posts
not sure if this link will work but these guys have a wheel calculator for the fsti and many other wierd and wonderful cars its who i used when i bought my OZ ultraleggeras

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it turns out the USDM Forester XT Sports wheels are different and do not clear Brembos. The Jury seems out on the STI Spec C wheels........

I'm hesitant to post a link as I've been looking for a set for months and finally found some for sale and only the 1 set available.
Here's a pic of the wheels I mean though :) - In 17" after learning from my experience with the 18" Prodrive P1's

(Any Lurkers, please don't grab them before me!)

·
Registered
MY04 FSti MT6
439 Posts

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,794 Posts
Does this help you out ? (Newage Spec C wheels are part number ST281004S080)

Reactions: TMX

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you gents. I'm after the 17" 7.0J (Or 7.5J if that exists) 5x100 +48mm versions to fit the Forester without adaptors

It seems the genuine Spec C 5x114.3 8.0J +50mm offset versions definitely clear Brembos but the 5x100 version seems to have mixed info out there.

Edit: Just saw Wuz's reply further down the Scoobynet page. I don't suppose anyone (@WUZ ?) has a photo of the 17" 5x100 versions clearing Brembos as I can't even find a photo.....

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,794 Posts
So you are actually talking about the wheels that are fitted to the CrossSport that look like the later SpecC wheels but are not.
Part number 28111SA230/1

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@don1952 Those are exactly what I'm after. Bit tricky to get hold of it seems. Are there any notes to suggest they do clear the Brembos in the parts catalogue by chance?

It isn't the end of the world if they don't clear, there's other brake caliper options

@Lockheed I'm not ready to confirm or deny things right now...... ;)

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,794 Posts
Subaru 4 pots seem to fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts