Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has been able to get access to these controls. This is the set of switches for the interior lights, power lift gate, VDC, etc.

There is a blank spot I would like to put a rocker switch but haven't got around to seeing if the panel pops of or if I have to take the lower dash under the steering wheel off.

Thanks in advance for all of your help. This forum has been an invaluable resource. Hopefully the pic attaches correctly from my phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester Cvt
195 Posts
Just curious if anyone has been able to get access to these controls. This is the set of switches for the interior lights, power lift gate, VDC, etc.

There is a blank spot I would like to put a rocker switch but haven't got around to seeing if the panel pops of or if I have to take the lower dash under the steering wheel off.

Thanks in advance for all of your help. This forum has been an invaluable resource. Hopefully the pic attaches correctly from my phone.

In the Subaru accessory web site there are instructions on how to install the shock sensor that shows how to remove this panel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the help with this Jkruseelle. This is exactly what I needed to see.

Actually, after I read this it made me happy to see how easy it was. Then, as I was driving, I reached down to see how snug it was and gave it a slight pull (closest to the steering wheel) and then POP! It came right off. Great (minus the fact that I was driving).

Look at STEP 2 here: http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/74...014ForesterPerimeterAlarm-IxIRev220131004.pdf

It just snaps off. No tools required. The circles show where the clips are!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to modify my previous post. There is one screw that needs to be removed. You will find it when you remove the separate piece in the door jam area. Super easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts