Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
492 Posts
I cannot f**** believe this!

All these cars could provide major help to poor families all over europe or third world countries and generate a spare-part demand market!

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
this just goes to show how stupid the scrappage scheme was, yes it stimulated the car sales economy, well for hyundai and kia anyway. But each car in that picture has been paid for by you and me through the tax we pay!

It also shows how stupid and how willing some people are to get into debt to save £2000 on the price of a new car.

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
645 Posts
Reminds me of that photo awhile back of all the GM Cash For Clunkers trade-ins that they were scrapping, 80% of the vehicles were road worthy and mechanically sound. There was something like 8000 vehicles in that photo

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
and at the bottom of the 2nd pic it looks like someone has "traded in" their N/A Foz !!! Tossers.

:mob:

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Would make for a pretty fun heist if someone could devise a way to steal all these cars and sell them back onto the market (after necessary fixes of course) :lol:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
What a f*****g tragic site. Brings a tear to my eye.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,596 Posts
Shameful,

& to think Gordon (is a moron) will probably get back in with Vince "Smug" cable in a hung parliment.

Don't forget if they do get back in,>> for the likes of you & I>>>what's in store?????????????????????

More Speed Cameras & Taxes.

I know North Downs is near London, near to his patch (apologies on the Geography, I'm from Dundee) Kent police have permission to use a Drone.

Afghanastan Spy planes that cost you & I £2 million plus!!

Read throught he small print @ the end it says the ability to "monitor" motorists "progress"

It cabn stay up for over 10 hours in all weathers & estimate to catch 1,000 motorists per hour speeding.
If it's a lazy git & only works 3 days a week, that's over £32 million a year revenue!!

Please, not the don't speed you have nothing to worry about angle.

Think about it, if they used the same amount of effort into drug enforcement ( I have serious family/relatives experiences of drug misuse) I would be happy.

But this relentless war on the motorist, enough is enough, if we were French we would put up with this Donkey Dirst.

Rant over>>>>:icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown:

A MaC (Not looking forward to going back to work tomorow really :huh::huh:)

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
That is exactly like what happened here with our new "change" president and his cronies elected in Congress. The Cash for Clunkers program did remove a FEW "clunkers" but in my tours through several salvage yards (searching for some parts on my '74 Ford truck restoration) last year turned up rows and rows and rows of C4C vehicles being picked over after their engines were mechanically destroyed.
The really sad part is that (my estimate) 75% of the ones I saw were is very good shape (but worth more with C4C incentives that what the dealer trade in values were). Some examples were an '89 Cadilliac Seville with 91,000 miles. No tears in the leather upholstry and an extremely clean engine compartment (other than where it began blowing oil when the engine was mechanically destroyed). Many Ford Explorers and Jeeps (including one Land Rover Camel Off Road package Discovery) and two BMW 528i (both were 98 models).
Now I realize that most of these don't get 30 MPG, but they are in such fantastic shape, appear to NOT be smoking, leaking oil, falling apart, etc. and were scrapped as a way of the government enticing everyone to give up their cars for more fuel efficient ones (and hopefully buying ones manufactured by the now government owned GM and Chrysler).
It is a total crock. If they wanted to do the program, then there should have been some provision to take the road worthy cars / SUV's and trade them even to those who could not afford to purchase the brand new cars. Take the old polluters / beater cars from them and send them to the scrap yard.
Anyways...enough ranting...nothing has changed here except the name of the crooks in the capital. :mob:

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Same here Tom, I hear what you say.

Except you Americans, seem to think Tony Blair (we call him Phoney Tony) is a good guy & honest?

Why has he conned you then and, you haven't sussed out he is a fraud??

Kind regards

AM

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Mike this is outrageous!!

This is worse than Stalin!!

If call me Dave gets in, do you think he will reverse it?/

We are such tossers to let them away with this.

Apathy rules.

Regards.

AM

·
JDM Foz [sold]
4,385 Posts
I think alan, the phrase I would use are "the wheels are in motion"

I am sure that whoever gets in will not be arsed about changing it back, besides this is run by a private company now on the behalf of the police.

So england as a free company will soon be no more and we're heading full steam to a police state.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Mike,

How have we let this happen??:huh::huh::huh:

Down the Village Pub this evening, I was asking all the younger members, if they were gonna vote??

Whatever they said??

I regularly bring things to their attention as, we have been discussing this evening.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO reaction at all :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Whatever they say.

Were all dooomed.

Seriously though, me & Wifelet were taloking about GIAM (Gordon Is a Moron) getsback in, were off.

Can we have a group buy??

When you read about all the grief Brits get with the Authorities, Spain etc, where would you think of relocating thats bombproof?

Cheers

AM

·
JDM Foz [sold]
4,385 Posts
apathy is a real problem, but when people see a few politicians skimming off the top, then all are tarred with the same brush. It doesnt help when our two local MP's are Nicholas and Anne Winterton.

And those who do care about voting are distracted by "Oh! look at the shiny things" syndrome. and all is forgotten about voting!

Whoever gets in then we're doomed unless its someone like UKIP or BNP. After all policies like this are put there to PROTECT us, the general population at large who probably dont care..... So who are these laws there to protect?

Anyway. soap box away! :crazy:

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
We have Alan Duncan......what else can you say !

Brian

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Alan, one of the only places that's bomb-proof is Australia, I'd recommend Victoria (the Surf Coast). On the downside British and European settlers - but 150 years ago - hunted the aboriginal people like dogs and drove them off seacliffs in their thousands, so for me the political climate there makes it impossible for me to stay on a permanent basis.

There's still a generation in Oz who think that it was acceptable behaviour, too. Culturally and intelectually things are a little lacking in some parts of the 'western' world...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts