Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester LTD
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some suggestion for installing reverse sensors. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
suggestions like what? Drill holes in bumper, install.

It's your call whether you need a fancy display/ talking/2,4,6 sensors, whatever. I fitted a four-sensor set w/ a LED display and voice purely because the last one I fitted had a display too. But the beeps are pretty much all you need...

·
Registered
2010 Forester LTD
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw some write ups debating on ultrasonic vs. microwave sensors. I'm wondering which one performs better.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
microwave as in those ones with the foil tape on the inside of the bumper? Dunno, they're pretty much unheard of over here and the OEMs are all ultrasonic.

·
Registered
2010 Forester LTD
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, those foil tapes conduct microwave signals, ultrasonic sensors seem having bigger range... i don't know which one is better.

·
Registered
2006 BMW E46
2 Posts
Suggestions for Installing Parking Sensors

I saw some write ups debating on ultrasonic vs. microwave sensors. I'm wondering which one performs better.
Hi Progeek, AFASIK,Ultrasonic sensors are better than Microwaves, As Ultrasonic sensors (the control box can detect the objects more ) accurately .
Here the pic is the structure of a parking sensor installed in a car : 倒车雷达jpg.jpg
It is workable for me.U may give more info about your parking sensors.How many sensors? and what kind of your sensor? Ultrasonic sensors OR rearview sensor? As different sensors have different way. :woohoo:
Some parking sensors can be hold in with glue.
Progeek, you may also check some video to see how it works. Good luck guys!:woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts