Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading some threads on this site and others left me wondering.
Has anyone here ever used chains on their Subaru?
Personally I've never run into a situation that I couldn't continue on, due to lack of traction.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,589 Posts
There have been many subjects on this. If you have never been able to continue on due to lack of traction you have never been ii deep enough snow...and/or obviously had to turn around.

I have had far more capable vehicles than the forester with chains on get stuck in 24 inches of snow.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry adc, I guess I wasn't clear enough, I know about all the posts and threads. But has anyone ever had to use the chains on their Subaru to get unstuck in winter?
I've been through the mountain passes between Alberta and British Columbia, and even when the RCMP have closed roads, they've allowed cars through if properly equipped with snow tires if they want to proceed at their own risk. (they checked the tires for the snow/mountain insignia)

·
Registered
2004 Forester Xt
76 Posts
I have had to put some on. I was going to Tahoe on a balding set of tires. I got myself stuck in a parking lot on a downhill section. I ended up driving 10 miles with them one. It was great in the deep snow.... I always carry a set with me.

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
i use chains if the snow is over a foot deep....but only so i can go faster!
( we had 3 snow storms that dropped over a foot each in the last 3 months!! )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts