Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my usual Friday afternoon daydream I'm looking at STI's, but its quite apparent that they are not quite as 'stealth' as my XT and would probably attract the wrong kind of attention in my north London neighbourhood parked on the street!

Has anyone de-badged their STI (the 07 MY type) with the big STI stickers where the fog lights used to be? I know that the transfers are likley to be under the laquer, and was wondering how big a job it might be to remove?

Without the badging i think it might be my dream q car!!

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
In my usual Friday afternoon daydream I'm looking at STI's, but its quite apparent that they are not quite as 'stealth' as my XT and would probably attract the wrong kind of attention in my north London neighbourhood parked on the street!

Has anyone de-badged their STI (the 07 MY type) with the big STI stickers where the fog lights used to be? I know that the transfers are likley to be under the laquer, and was wondering how big a job it might be to remove?

Without the badging i think it might be my dream q car!!
I have seen one or two cars for sale from Litchfield without the stickers so it can be done I guess.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Ahem "decals" if you please....Stickers are what you get in magazines !

I think the STi Decals are under the top coat mate...

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My apologies! I presume if the 'decal' is under the top coat then you'd need a respray or re-laquer of the whole bumper?

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
This topic really struck a cord since I have spent considerable time and energy sourcing the bumper decals that you - sir - plan to remove.

You know we would give one testicle and half of the other if the FSTi was sold in the States, and now you come with this brilliant sacrilegious idea of removing the stickers......I mean decals. The FSTi with or w/o its badging is still a sleeper for the general population so I hope you don't go for it, also you will potentially hurt its value.

Anyway, I was wondering if you be so kind as to help me affix the decals in its proper location before you proceed with their removal.

If you look closely, the bumper has two molded triangles pointing upside down, would you please measure A,B,C with respect to these molded marks/triangles on the bumper? Since I went to considerable trouble sourcing the decals I want to make sure they are in the proper location.

Thanks !

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trust me, if you lived in the big smoke then you too would be keen to keep your car as low profile as possible!

My last car - a BMW 330ci sport had the dubious honour of having its entire front bumper stolen when parked on the street outside my flat (an eye watering £1200 to replace). And i genuinely live in one of the 'nicest' areas of the city.

So i am slightly concerned what the effect of a nice loud STI adorned Foz would have on the local gentry....

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
I have finished all the exterior badging on my S Turbo matt black with a lacquer over. The car's silver and the 'SUBARU' lettering across the back in chrome is so garish (I think!) but in matt black looks perrrrrrfect. The badges were the only chrome on the car and I'm glad it's gone! The only one left to do is the front badge. But I might remove that completely. An easy job on an SF5?

Stealth is best.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I had debadged my previous WRX as I found it had too many badges at the back. It looked much more neat without anything at the rear bar this

that was 'earned' after doing a dozen of laps :)
The FSTI looks good as it is IMHO.

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6MT
371 Posts
I removed the decals from the front of my first FSTI - but it still attracted too much 'wrong attention' - the problem was the Sonic blue not the stickers in the end so replaced with a silver one.

Paul W

Attachments

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Nice car and photos Paul!
Number plate as well ;)

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
723 Posts
I've just spent a stupid amount at japanparts for some new foglight cover decals as I had to remove them when I had the front re-sprayed (previous owner scratched his caravan down the front whilst manouvering).

At least on the pre facelift one I can confirm they were over the clearcoat and easy to get off by careful use of a heatgun.

I've had it debaged for about a year and I think the front end looks rather bereft without the decals. Mind you I have a silver one like pwebb so the STI emblem doesn't contrast to the same extent as the WRC blue or black cars and Northdown's looks quite nice without.

Al

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Think NDS is teasing us,smells like a photoshop job ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts