Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im looking to get a lift kit for my 09 SF but i cant find any. All i am able to find is yes they will be coming out with one, and im thinking about making one.
does any one accually know where to get one from? Has any one put them on there 09? (if so how does it ride) thanks for the help everyone!!!!

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow i didnt even see that link, do u know why they are only making 1 inch lifts. i what to go about 5-6 inch. i am starting to realize its probably never going to happen

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
wow i didnt even see that link, do u know why they are only making 1 inch lifts. i what to go about 5-6 inch. i am starting to realize its probably never going to happen
For a lift kit for the SH. it will limit itself to around 1.4" I heard. After that the construction of the car limit itself. You would have to lower the whole driveline if you want more lift. Do a 1" lift and invest in slightly bigger tires. After that and you still want more. You should actually just buy another car with a truck frame instead.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
That would be a bit more than the stock suspension could take. You would need longer axles, modify lower control arm mounts, better cv's, brake line extensions, steering mods,.....

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
I have a 1" Subtle lift-kit installed on my 2009, ride-quality-wise you cannot really tell a difference but I did lose a tiny bit of MPG, overall I'm VERY happy with it.

AUSubaru has a 2" kit for 2009's but they are REALLY hard to get ahold of and I thought 2" was too much.

There are pictures of my Forrie with the lift and tires/wheels installed in the Blue Forester album.

Unclviny

By the way there is another forum dedicated to Offroad Subarus, you will have to find it on your own, it's FULL of lift information.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I have a 1" Subtle lift-kit installed on my 2009, ride-quality-wise you cannot really tell a difference but I did lose a tiny bit of MPG, overall I'm VERY happy with it.

AUSubaru has a 2" kit for 2009's but they are REALLY hard to get ahold of and I thought 2" was too much.

There are pictures of my Forrie with the lift and tires/wheels installed in the Blue Forester album.

Unclviny

By the way there is another forum dedicated to Offroad Subarus, you will have to find it on your own, it's FULL of lift information.
That a very nice looking foz m8. But it's a 2007. right.... It says so on the site and it don't look like a 2009 model.

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
That a very nice looking foz m8. But it's a 2007. right.... It says so on the site and it don't look like a 2009 model.
I rolled and totalled the (white) 2007 FXT (may she R.I.P.) and replaced it (I ordered it that same day) with a (blue) 2009 NA.

The 2009 before the lift (post #698) http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f103/blue-forester-pictures-720/index70.html#post644915

And after the lift (post #189) http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f153/available-now-1-lift-kits-98-10-sf-sg-sh-forester-subtle-solutions-60441/index19.html#post763242

Unclviny

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
^ah. I did see those pics earlier. Nice :biggrin:
Too bad you wrecked the 07. It looked very nice

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
The 2007 FXT was HUGE fun but it was going to cause me to lose my License (going FAST is big fun) so I decided to go more "offroad" and less "streetcar" with the 2009 as I'm entirely too old to be having Drivers License troubles.

I had Modded the 2007 so far that I felt like I was going to start giving up "daily driver" status in the VERY near future and I could not afford to lose any reliability!

Unclviny

P.S. one of my "won the lottery cars" would be a Crawford Performance prepped WRX/STI (450hp at the wheels should be almost adequate).

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
I've got 2" of strut top lift but.................
I'm lining up to do a 3" drivetrain drop and 2.5" more lift to bottom of struts.
Will put the CV's .5 inch closer back to stock and allow me to run up to 31" tires.

For the hard core mods for off roading a Subaru...................

Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1 - 16 of 16 Posts