Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 98RS goldies. I was wondering if anyone has put these on their FXT, and if they had a pic that I could look at. I'm picking up my FXT this weekend hopefully, and want to know if I should sell the 5 spoke goldies, or if I should keep them for the new car.
ps-anyone interested in a 98 RS, swap ready???
Please post up your pics, or email them to me.
Thanks,
Bruce
bcdalsATyahoo.com

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have a set of 98 RS silvers on my FXT. They fit fine. I have a pic somewhere... but I have to find it. But keep the RS wheels for your winter wheels!

singincanary said:
I have a set of 98RS goldies. I was wondering if anyone has put these on their FXT, and if they had a pic that I could look at. I'm picking up my FXT this weekend hopefully, and want to know if I should sell the 5 spoke goldies, or if I should keep them for the new car.
ps-anyone interested in a 98 RS, swap ready???
Please post up your pics, or email them to me.
Thanks,
Bruce
bcdalsATyahoo.com

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I have 2 sets of 17x7 P7's and the set of 98RS 5 spokes.

The FXT that I'm hoping to pick up this weekend is the same color as yours. Ever try a set of gold rims on there???

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have a set of V7 STi wheels in gold as my summer setup so yes. You want pics? My car is crystal grey, not silver.

singincanary said:
Right now I have 2 sets of 17x7 P7's and the set of 98RS 5 spokes.

The FXT that I'm hoping to pick up this weekend is the same color as yours. Ever try a set of gold rims on there???

B

·
0 Posts
I just put a set of gold RS rims on my 98. Just a little trouble with them - the recommended tire size in the manual was 215/16 - 60. The tires rubbed the struts in back. Went to a 205/16 - 60 and they cleared OK. I assume the RS rims are just a bit wider than what the 16" oem wheel was.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I've had a heck of a time sourcing out these rims you guys have been discussing, I've found wrx rims by the dumpster full but I'm still attempting to figure out where to get a decent priced set of these guys

Soo if you decide you want to sell these guys to a buyer who won't let you down, shoot me a pm sometime :p

ps, where are you located?

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Black98 said:
I just put a set of gold RS rims on my 98. Just a little trouble with them - the recommended tire size in the manual was 215/16 - 60. The tires rubbed the struts in back. Went to a 205/16 - 60 and they cleared OK. I assume the RS rims are just a bit wider than what the 16" oem wheel was.
More likely a different offset was the problem.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Lots to pick from, I think theres one set on there I might try and pick up, since I'm looking for the 5 spoke.. but there are so many decent priced 6 spoke, thanks again!

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'll probably keep the 5 spokes for my winter wheels, or maybe a set of P7's. Don't know yet. Just got the car on Saturday and love it. Can't wait to start my STi upgrades (hopefully including a set of BBS).

B

·
0 Posts
dicknose said:
More likely a different offset was the problem.
Duh...I feel like an idiot :sad: Some things are so simple you never think about them. Yes that makes sense!

·
Registered
398 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
I have a set of 98 RS silvers on my FXT. They fit fine. I have a pic somewhere... but I have to find it. But keep the RS wheels for your winter wheels!
those are 99 rims... 98s were gold only... ;)

·
Registered
2004 FXT
403 Posts
2000 OEM RS wheels 6 spokes fit my 04 FXT?

found some gold powdercoated OEM RS 6-spoke rims. Wanting gold rims for my black 04 FXT. I guess they're 16 x 7 5 x100.. anyone know the offset? is it also 48?

Related question.. I was thinking of upgrading the suspension in the future, does it really matter if you have 16" or 17" or 18" rims? tractionwise?

thanks john

B

·
0 Posts
midnight302 said:
so the difference between 48 offset and 53 offset.. impreza wheels won't fit? or need different tires?
The 16" '98 Impreza RS wheels will fit, but you may have to play around with tire sizes though, at least on the SF. 215-60 tires rubbed on the my rear struts, had to go to 205-60.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts