Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot since they are out of Malaysia, but they seem to have really nice stuff. ultraracing.com Oh and did I mention they use alloy steel instead of Aluminum (thank God!). When it comes to chassis stiffening who cares if you save two pounds if the brace flexes like it is made of thin wall PVC. I've only found one site that carries all but one of their SG9 braces.

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
341 Posts
Man they need some representation here in the states, I would try those braces out in a minute.

I use GTSpec braces (all of them) on my STi and love them.
They really do tighten things up dramatically.

That companies stuff looks promising, especially if it is affordable.

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man they need some representation here in the states, I would try those braces out in a minute.

I use GTSpec braces (all of them) on my STi and love them.
They really do tighten things up dramatically.

That companies stuff looks promising, especially if it is affordable.
Prices aren't that bad US vendor I am seriously considering at least three of these braces. The pics are generic on the site but you can see the real ones on Ultra Racing's site and compare the part #'s.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
I've just pulled the trigger on their 4-point Side Lower Bars - SD4-344.

As soon as the pair arrive, I'll let you gents know of the fitment & quality.

The rear lower bar (RL2-514) looks the business. If the ordered stuff turn out satisfactory, I'm going to pick this up next.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD
4,694 Posts
I wonder if the SG stuff is compatible with my SF chassis....

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
I'm curious as well. I don't know of any SG owner within my area, as I wouldn't mind test fitting the pieces to see if they're compatible.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
I know some of the guys in the Suzuki SX4 forums are running the Ultra Racing braces... And I think the only issue they've had is that if you push them too hard some of the welds can begin to fail.
I believe that might even be related to things being hit by road debris though as it was an under-chassis brace.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 6MT DCCD (helical)
2,248 Posts
hmm. looks interesting. I think i mite want the rear lower brace cuz the big ol' wagon back of the forester could use some bracing...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts