Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure how I found this (probably in some post here) but this guy built me a "forward and reverse" wiring harness for my Navi head unit. I emailed him asking about a harness on his web site and he built the one pictured here.
Super helpful and fast, I mailed him a money order and within just a few days received the customized part. He also gave me tips on locating the remote turn on pin in the other connector. Most helpful. This will allow me to connect a new amp, without cutting any of the factory wiring. Brilliant. David Carter (ae64.com) otherwise known as "svxdc" - anyway, I'm hoping to do the install this week. This will certainly make it easier. I also got a box of raamat, ensolite, amp, speakers, and a bunch o' wire... no stopping now.

I asked for the front and rear speakers to be "broken" out, those are the loose wires.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,949 Posts
Yes, I found SVXdc when I needed a reverse cable for an factory/OEM subwoofer in my '03X! A great source for custom cables. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X
13 Posts
Wiring Harness from SVXdc

I too purchaed a wiring harness from SVXdc so I can easily install an Amp using my stock head unit. I would have to say that SVXdc's harness will save me a great deal of time and effort that normally comes with installing a new amp with a stock setup. This guy is incredibly knowledgeable and has helped me tremendously with trying to figure out how I was going to run the wires to my new Amp. He even explained how I can use an Amp Trigger Module to turn on the Amp by using the speaker wires. This way, I do not have to run a separate Remote wire to turn on the Amp. If you are looking to have any special wiring harnesses built, then SVXdc is the person to contact. Very professional and shipped items within a day or two.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
15 Posts
What Steve said!...

Just another experience like Steve's to report- I just purchased one of David Carter's (aka SVXdc) forward/reverse harnesses to ease an amplifier install. David shipped it right away and the harness is great. This is THE way to install an amplifier- it's kind of amazing to me that a place like Crutchfield offers nothing like it. Anyway, David rocks- highly recommended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts