Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Harman/Kardon head unit shows itself as Model # FF715US. The software version is Audio Ver.60.1002. Using Google I couldn't find anyplace where Harman/Kardon actually acknowledges making the unit and no indication that there might be software updates available or coming for the unit. They do (typically) offer updates for their products. Anyone know if we will see eventual updates? The fact that the unit actually lists the software version suggests that it might be possible to update it?

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
For what it's worth, my non-nav head unit is made by Clarion, but it has H/K labeling above the CD slot. The speakers and amp are H/K.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your post missing a link kensyo? There doesn't seem to be anything to check out.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on kensyo's comment about the HU being from Fujitsu Ten I did some more research and discovered that the Certifications section of the User Manual shows the unit as being registered to Fujitsu Ten with an FCC ID of BABFT0021A. this led me to:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=815977&fcc_id='BABFT0021A'

There are external and internal photo's and a user manual showing a connection diagram.

So clearly the '14 Subaru Harman/Kardon head unit is actually a Fujitsu Ten FT0021A. The Harman/Kardon components appear to simply support the audio capabilities of the HU (i.e. speakers, etc.)

·
Registered
14 fxt cvt
97 Posts
Interesting it has a rear camera input connector. Wonder how long it will be before someone explores rewiring the rear camera on the Forester to the larger screen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Wonder if we can find a pin diagram for that rear camera connector.

Found it?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=36208128&postcount=9

16-pin rear camera socket
1 ... 8
9 ... 16
(orientation: viewing pins on car's factory plug, wires pointed away from you)

Code:
4 ?
5 ?

6 Parking brake

7 Camera +6V supply (HU sends power to OEM Camera)
8 Camera Video In

15 Ground **
16 Shield/ground

** No connection is needed on this pin. See notes below.
Impreza/WRX/STI wiring diagrams only show the parking brake lead and a jumper from pin 4 to 5 (not sure what that's for) -- no camera wires.

ADDED: On this HU, apparently no connection to pin 15 is required. I previously thought this was Camera Detect input (similar to a pin on the camera socket on older Subaru models). However, this HU must see a video signal from the camera during boot-up, or it will not enable the camera function. Also, it looks like this HU always adds the distance guide marker lines. You'll need a camera that doesn't have those (or where you can disable them).

·
Registered
2015 XT CVT
134 Posts
overseas this head unit has the backup camera enabled. If we can see the harnesses from australia, it hopefully will just be a cable we need

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 Turbo
1 Posts
My Harman/Kardon head unit shows itself as Model # FF715US. The software version is Audio Ver.60.1002. Using Google I couldn't find anyplace where Harman/Kardon actually acknowledges making the unit and no indication that there might be software updates available or coming for the unit. They do (typically) offer updates for their products. Anyone know if we will see eventual updates? The fact that the unit actually lists the software version suggests that it might be possible to update it?
I was also wondering if it would be possible for the head unit to be updated. I was hoping that when they put Apple Car Play into their cars next year that the older versions could just be updated to support it as well. Both sales people I talked to said that this was highly unlikely because they want to have one more reason for people to upgrade to a newer model when it is released. :icon_sad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts